Sunday, August 19, 2007

In my mind....

I aways found it funny how my life is directed on the ideas I have about certain things. Thinking about why I always get the "end-of-August-depression" I realized I have a weird perspective of how the calendar year "looks like", that most people don't.
Take a look at it.



I am going to quote the image:

1. Notice how the first four months are sorted backwards - starting January from top right to April to top left. I am not sure where this came from, but I guess it originates from an effort January to stay closer to December. It may seem weird they way it looks now, but if you try to imagine May through August on the left side, you may get the idea of “cyclic” perspective.

2. May through August are the best months, because it is summer and I live by the sea. They are separated on the right part, to signify they are special months. I tend to look on them as a single “month” although May is not par ot of the summer season. It all flows from May to August.
Notice how this is not true for the first four months - they don’t “flow” into one another and in my mind there is a distinct border between them. That border is there for September through December, too, but to a much, much smaller scale. It is not there for the “summer part”.

3. The end of August has always been too hard for me, cause there is a huge gap between it and September, as you may see. I always feel as something is about to crash and burn. There is a really distinct, and often painful line between August and September.

4. There is a lot more to be said for the way I see the calendar year, but these should be the 3 major points.


I also have weird ideas about other everyday things that most people don't tend to notice. I guess it is based on my pretty damn good visual memory that sometimes gives my mind a hard time...

No comments: